Mar 19, 2012

Book Music Monday: Curran and Kate

Welcome to Book Music Monday! Hosted by Delighted Reader.

This week: Awesomesauce Ilona Andrews'
Kate Daniels series - Curran and Kate.


Nickelback: I'd Come for You


Now, I know, Nickelback? (You couldn't come up with something more original? Well, yes, I will but this weekend this song really stuck with me, so hear me out.)

Ilona Andrews is awesome. Yes, that is a rabid fangirl squee. Kate Daniels is ahhhhmazzing! (Here Kitty?)And Curran? Swooooooonnn. This is a three (four, really, cuz Ilona Andrews is a hubby-wife writing team) some was made in fangirl heaven.  These characters work as a couple and as individuals and.. dude, just go read it if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Now, Nickelback is almost overused with their romantic ballads and this song isn't a complete fit but I think it works, anyway.

Everyday I spent away
My soul's inside out
Gotta be someway
That I can make it up
To you now some how

By now you know that
I'd come for you
No one but you
Yes, I'd come for you
But only if you told me to

I'd fight for you
I'd lie, it's true
Give my life for you
You know I'd always come for you

I was blindfolded
But now I'm seeing
My mind was closing
Now I'm believing

I finally know just
What it means
To let some one in
To see the side of me
That no one does or ever will

So if you're ever lost and
Find yourself all alone
I'd search forever
Just to bring you home
Here and now, it's a vow
This is Curran who'd give up everything for Kate, but it's also Kate who is finally learning that she can actually let someone in. They are awesome, just swoonworthy awesome together. I can't wait to read more.

1 comment:

  1. I love Nickelback! But I have to confess I haven't read any Ilona Andrews. I know, I should. It's on my to do list and in my TBR pile that is ever growing!

    ReplyDelete